Monday 6 April 2009

Magic Numbers - Apr 1st

This site seems to be eating my blog posts!

Anyway, it's been a while since I've updated, so sorry about that! I've been keeping busy,but not doing anything exceptionally exciting.

It'e been really heartening how quickly my fitness seems to be improving. From barely gasping through eight minutes on the crosstrainer, I can now comfortably manage 25, at a far higher intensity. I'm working towards managing an hour of rowing, even after working on other machines. I can feel my body changing, I can feel muscles starting to brew under my skin, where previously all was wobble!

I guess now is as good a time as any for a few more numbers.

Since January, when I was measured for my wedding dress, I've now lost 5" off my waist.

In 2 weeks since starting Weight--tchers to boost my weight loss and motivation, I have lost 10.5lbs of pesky fat.

I am managing 90-120 minutes of exercise, 6 days a week.

I have bought a gorgeous dress to wear at my dad's 60th birthday bash. It's a size 16. I'm confident it will fit, and look good.

My pre-meal blood glucose level, without insulin, used to be around 22. It is now (still without insulin) around 8.

These numbers are all fabulous and looking at them makes me feel good, and proud, and motivated.

What I can't quantify is how amazing I feel, knowing that I am changing myself. There are no numbers for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment