Monday 6 April 2009

Can you bottle this feeling? - Mar 5th

To drag out when I want some chocolate on the sofa!

I am just so full of enthusiasm this week, and I'm loving it. I've been eating really healthily - I've just polished off a tuna and chick pea salad with loads of crunchy fresh veggies and lime juice and black pepper, and it was stunning! I've been really active, been walking every day this week and a couple of gym sessions on top. I feel amazing, I am full of energy, like I'm flying!! My blood sugars have been great, under 10 is becoming the norm now rather than a fantastic aberration, and I am mostly in the 5-8 zone that is the gold standard! It's all because of the exercise I think.

I have fulfilled my promise of getting to the gym, and had an induction at my local small private gym on Tuesday night. The lovely lovely Dai spent ages with me, talking about the science of fat burning, and the psychology of exercising for weight loss. He also devised a fantastic programme for me, which is acheivable but challenging, enjoyable - and uses some free weights! It's focusing on keeping my heart rate at around 65% of my theoretical maximum, which is optimum for fat burning; and we've thrown in some toning for the upper body too. I can honestly say that it's a revelation, and I've never enjoyed using a cross trainer before, but I do now! I've been twice this week already.

I've also been getting in a daily walk as well as my gym sessions, and have enjoyed getting out in the fresh air and exploring the muddy tracks at Penallta. I am a tad achey today, but I will chill out this afternoon in the hopes of being up for a bit of gymming tonight (been for a walk already this morning).


I've decided not to weigh myself regularly, there are so many factors at play that can cause my weight to fluctuate, but I'm going on the feel and fit of my clothes instead. I can already get into a pair of trousers that have been too small since before Madam was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment